Thursday, 6 June 2013

30 Day Snap #6 - Farmers' Market!


I've always thought it a little odd, given it's London location, that my university has a farmers' market every Thursday during the academic year. However, they sell yummy food so I'm not about to complain! I was in London today as I had a meeting with my tutor about my dissertation, and it happened to coincide with the last market of the year which suited me nicely! I arrived a bit early so I got some food and wandered down the canal for a bit (like the farmers' market, the canal also seems a little out of place in East London. It's a very nice random green space though!).

I was rather disappointed that the range of stalls was somewhat diminished in comparison to usual. My favourite sausage people weren't there! My last exam also fell on a Thursday, which meant I could treat myself after the horror that THAT had been. They usually sell really nice spicy sausages but had on this occasion run out! I had to go for bog standard instead and relayed my disappointment to the guy selling them! He also sells the sausages raw, for the insane price of £6 for 4 of them... He gave me a pack for free! I was very pleased with this, it made my day. The sausages came in handy in the end - I ate them with my friend Jess a couple of days later, the morning after we'd been out in Manchester celebrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment