Bernard's Watch is a late ninties/early noughties children's programme. The basic premise is that of a young boy who owns a watch which can be used to stop time!
As far as I'm concerned, that watch was wasted on Bernard!! It would have been far better placed with me! There's a lot that I could have done with it, but I've managed to narrow it down!
- I'd always get a good night's sleep, wake up naturally and have the time for a nice long shower (or maybe a bath, if that's what I happened to feel like!) and leisurely breakfast! This would result in my being a lot healthier, and a lot more productive.
- I would never miss a good photo opportunity again! No more rushing for the camera.
- I could queue jump with ease! I'd be concerned that people would notice me appearing out of nowhere, but as that never seemed to be a problem for Bernard I'm sure it'd be a non-issue for me, too! This would be especially useful at Alton Towers.
- My criminal career would be able to take off with no risk! It would be in some ways limited. In fact, largely to shoplifting. But that would be a massive improvement(?) on my current level of illegal activity.
- I'd never be late for anything! I could just pause time five minutes before I needed to be anywhere... I could avoid traffic jams as well, by pausing time and going down the hard shoulder. I could really make the most out of a long weekend away in this way!
Obviously these things are incredibly frivolous and selfish. But you know... I think I could make my peace with that if only I could get my hands on that watch!
Coming up with the things that I'd do if I could pause time got me thinking. There isn't enough time in the day. Everyone's always after a few extra hours in the day, and I think that that is what's really attractive about the ability to stop time is that it would give you a few extra hours.
Coming up with the things that I'd do if I could pause time got me thinking. There isn't enough time in the day. Everyone's always after a few extra hours in the day, and I think that that is what's really attractive about the ability to stop time is that it would give you a few extra hours.
I'm going to try and prioritise a bit better (at least for the time being). Maybe if I can get important stuff done, I'll be able to find more time to go and do fun things, like trips to the park with Maia!
No comments:
Post a Comment